the other way roundidiom
Definition of the other way round
1 : in the opposite position, direction, or order You put the fork on the right and the knife on the left. They should be the other way round.
2 —used to say that the opposite situation is true Sometimes I cook and she does the dishes and sometimes it is the other way round.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game