the major leaguesnoun
Definition of the major leagues
: the two highest U.S. baseball leagues (the American League and the National League) He always dreamed of playing in the major leagues. —sometimes used figuratively She's moving up to the major leagues in the television industry.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game