the major leaguesnoun
Definition of the major leagues
: the two highest U.S. baseball leagues (the American League and the National League) He always dreamed of playing in the major leagues. —sometimes used figuratively She's moving up to the major leagues in the television industry.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game