Definition of the limit
informal + old-fashioned
: a very annoying or upsetting person or thing He keeps forgetting his wife's birthday: he really is the limit! He forgot his wife's birthday again. Isn't that the limit!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game