Definition of the limit
informal + old-fashioned
: a very annoying or upsetting person or thing He keeps forgetting his wife's birthday: he really is the limit! He forgot his wife's birthday again. Isn't that the limit!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game