the less said, the betteridiom
Definition of the less said, the better
—used to say it is better to not say anything about something because it is bad, unpleasant, etc. Regarding his recent behavior, perhaps the less said, the better.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game