Definition of the last
1 : the last person or thing in a group or series He was the last in line. The last of the tests was given today.
2 : the last time I guess that is the last we will see of her.
3 : the end of something They fought hard to the last.
4 : the end of someone's life He was cheerful to the last.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game