the high roadnoun
Definition of the high road
1 chiefly US : a morally proper way of doing something Several local news programs reported the rumor, but the city newspaper took the high road and waited to see if anyone could confirm the story.
2 : an easy way to do something The book claims to teach the high road to financial success.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game