the grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence)idiom
Definition of the grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence)
—used to say that the things a person does not have always seem more appealing than the things he or she does have
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game