the girlsplural noun
Definition of the girls
: the female friends or work partners of a woman viewed as a group Wait till the girls back home hear about this! Our boss thinks of herself as just one of the girls. She went out dancing with the girls.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?