Definition of the faithful
1 : the people who believe or participate in a religion The faithful gather here each year to celebrate together.
2 : the people who are loyal members or supporters of a group or organization The faithful come out and cheer for the team every year. The convention was packed with the Republican/Democratic faithful.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game