the error of one's waysnoun phrase
Definition of the error of one's ways
: one's wrong actions or bad behavior Congress saw/recognized the error of its ways and repealed the law. He publicly acknowledged the error of his ways and asked for forgiveness.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game