the end of one's ropenoun phrase
Definition of the end of one's rope
: a state in which one is not able to deal with a problem, difficult situation, etc., any longer It was clear from her outburst that she was at the end of her rope. I've been dealing with their lies for too long. I'm at the end of my rope.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?