the creepsplural noun
Definition of the creeps
: an uncomfortable feeling of nervousness or fear I get the creeps every time he walks by. I hate snakes. They give me the creeps.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game