the corridors/halls of powernoun phrase
Definition of the corridors/halls of power
: places where people talk about issues and make important decisions especially about political matters the corridors of power in Washington, D.C.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game