Definition of the conditional
: the mood or form that is used to say that something is true or happens only if something else is true or happens The conditional is often marked by the word "if."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game