the citynoun (1)
Definition of the city
(Entry 1 of 2)
: the government of a city The city is working to make the streets safer. a lawsuit against the city
the Citynoun (2)
Definition of the City (Entry 2 of 2)
: the section of London that is Great Britain's financial and business center
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game