the cat's whiskersplural noun
variants: or the cat's pajamas
Definition of the cat's whiskers
British, old-fashioned + informal
—used to say that someone or something is very appealing I really like that car; it's the cat's whiskers.Going to the movies was the cat's pajamas when I was a kid.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game