Definition of the can
1 : the part of the body that one sits on : buttocks If you ask me, what he needs is a good kick in the can.
2 : a room with a toilet : bathroom He locked himself in the can and wouldn't come out.
3 : toilet sitting on the can
4 : a prison or jail The cops threw him in the can.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game