the bottom drops/falls outidiom
Definition of the bottom drops/falls out
—used of something that suddenly fails or becomes unable to continue in a normal and effective way Analysts warn that recent changes in the region may result in the bottom dropping out of the oil market.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game