the boot is on the other footidiom
Definition of the boot is on the other foot
—used to say that a situation has changed to the opposite of what it was before The boot is on the other foot and he is the one asking for help this time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game