the boot is on the other footidiom
Definition of the boot is on the other foot
—used to say that a situation has changed to the opposite of what it was before The boot is on the other foot and he is the one asking for help this time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game