Definition of the book
1 : the knowledge or information that relates to a particular subject, person, etc. The book on him is that he can't hit a curveball.
2 : a book that lists the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the people and businesses in a certain area : telephone book Give me a call if you need to. I'm in the book.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?