the Foreign Officenoun
Definition of the Foreign Office
: a government department especially in Great Britain that deals with foreign affairs
Note: The official name of the British Foreign Office is now the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game