that's/there's (something/someone) for youidiom
Definition of that's/there's (something/someone) for you
—used say that something is very good, very disappointing, or very common They brought me the package on Christmas Day! Now that's real service for you!They didn't even send me a Christmas card! There's gratitude for you!He stays up late, playing video games and listening to music. That's a teenager for you.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?