that will/should do itidiom
Definition of that will/should do it
1 —used in informal speech to tell someone that one does not want or need anything more "Would you like anything else?" "No, that'll do it." —sometimes shortened to that will/should do That should do, thanks.
2 —used to say that one has finished doing something or is about to finish doing something. I just have one more letter to sign and that should do it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game