thap·sia | \ ˈthapsēə\
Definition of thapsia
1 plural -s : a plant of the genus Thapsia especially : deadly carrot
2 capitalized : a small genus of herbs (family Umbelliferae) of the Mediterranean region having the flowers in compound umbels without involucres and the fruit broadly winged
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game