thank God/goodness/heaven(s)/the Lordidiom
Definition of thank God/goodness/heaven(s)/the Lord
—used to express happiness or relief that something did or did not happen Thank God you got here when you did.Thank goodness it turned out to be a false alarm.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game