tha·len·ite | \ ˈthäləˌnīt\
Definition of thalenite
: a mineral Y2Si2O7 or 2Y2Si2O7.H2O consisting of an yttrium silicate and occurring in flesh-red monoclinic crystals possibly isomorphous with thortveitite (hardness 6.5, specific gravity 4.2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?