te·tron·ic acid | \ te‧ˈtränik-\
Definition of tetronic acid
: a crystalline enolic lactone C4H4O3 that has acidic properties and is the parent compound of acidic compounds obtained by the fermenting action of a mold (Penicillium charlesii) from spoiled corn
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game