tet·ra·zine | \ ˈte‧trəˌzēn, -zə̇n\
Definition of tetrazine
1 : any of three isomeric parent compounds C2H2N4 that may be regarded as benzene with four methylidyne groups replaced by nitrogen atoms especially : the symmetrical or 1,2,4,5-isomer forming very volatile unstable purple-red crystals
2 : any of various derivatives of the tetrazines
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game