tet·ra·ni·tro·methane | \ "+\
Definition of tetranitromethane
: a volatile toxic liquid compound C(NO2)4 made usually by the action of nitric acid on acetic anhydride and used chiefly in very powerful liquid explosive mixtures
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?