Definition of tetramethylthiuram disulfide
: a crystalline irritating compound [(CH3)2NCS]2S2 made by oxidation of a salt of dimethyl-dithiocarbamic acid and used chiefly as an accelerator of rubber vulcanization and as a fungicide and seed disinfectant; bis-(dimethyl-thiocarbamoyl) disulfide —abbreviation TMTD
— called also thiram
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?