Definition of tetrahedrite
: a fine-grained gray mineral (Cu,Fe)12Sb4S13 that is isomorphous with tennantite, consists of a sulfide of copper, iron, and antimony and often also contains zinc, lead, mercury, or silver, occurs in characteristic tetrahedral crystals and also in massive form, and is often a valuable ore of silver and is also worked for copper (hardness 3–4, specific gravity 4.4–5.1)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?