Definition of tetrahedral hypothesis
: a hypothesis in geology: the earth's assumed original spherical form giving a minimum surface for a given volume tended as the earth shrank to develop into a tetrahedron giving a maximum surface for a given volume with the continents as the edges and the ocean basins as the sides
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game