Definition of tetrahedral hypothesis
: a hypothesis in geology: the earth's assumed original spherical form giving a minimum surface for a given volume tended as the earth shrank to develop into a tetrahedron giving a maximum surface for a given volume with the continents as the edges and the ocean basins as the sides
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game