testatum ca·pi·as | \ -ˈkāpēəs\
variants: or testatum capias ad satisfaciendum \ -ˌadˌsatə̇ˌsfāshēˈendəm \
Definition of testatum capias
: a supplementary writ sometimes issued by a court of one county to the sheriff of another when an ordinary capias has been returned without action
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?