Definition of tenant right
: the beneficial interest that remains in the tenant after the expiration of his lease and that includes various legal and customary rights (as the right to claim compensation for improvements not exhausted at the expiration of the lease, the right to claim fixity of tenure on condition of paying the former rent or some rent not arbitrarily fixed by the landlord)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game