Definition of temperature coefficient
: a numerical value indicating the relation between a change in temperature and a simultaneous change in some other property (as solubility) specifically : the factor α in the equation Rt = Ro(1+αt) in which Rt equals the resistance of a conductor at t° centigrade and Ro equals its resistance at 0° centigrade
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game