tel·o·mer·iza·tion | \ ˌteləmərə̇ˈzāshən, ˌrīˈz-\
Definition of telomerization
: a chemical reaction involving addition of fragments of one molecule (as of an alcohol, acetal, or chloroform) to the ends of a polymerizing olefin system telomerization of carbon tetrachloride with styrene in the presence of acetyl peroxide forms the telomer Cl[CH(C6H5)CH2]nCCl3
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?