tell the differenceidiom
Definition of tell the difference
: to see how two or more people or things are unlike each other It's hard to tell the difference between one action movie and another. The new version is supposed to be much better than the old one, but I can't tell the difference (between them).
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game