tore up; torn up; tearing up; tears up
Definition of tear up
1 : to damage, remove, or effect an opening in tore up the street to lay a new water main
2 : to perform or compete with great success on, in, or against couples tearing up the dance floor a batter who's tearing up the league
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?