tear (someone) limb from limbidiom
Definition of tear (someone) limb from limb
: to attack or kill (someone) in a very violent way The angry mob would have torn him limb from limb if the police hadn't protected him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game