ta·wa | \ ˈtäwə, ˈtau̇ə\
Definition of tawa
: a New Zealand evergreen tree (Beilschmiedia tawa) of the family Lauraceae with slender branches and graceful foliage resembling that of the willow and white straight-grained wood used chiefly for rough work (as clothespins)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?