variants: or less commonly tassajo \ təˈsä(ˌ)hō \
Definition of tasajo
1 : jerked meat especially : jerked beef
2 [Mexican Spanish, from Spanish] : any of several cacti of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico especially : cholla
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game