tar·pan | \ (ˈ)tär¦pan\
Definition of tarpan
: a small swift dun-colored horse once found wild in Europe and parts of Asia but now extinct in its pure wild form and confined to herds which have been reestablished especially in Poland
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game