Definition of target letter
: a letter from a U.S. attorney stating that the person to whom the letter is sent is a target (see target entry 1 sense 2c) in a federal grand jury investigation The indictments issued Friday were sealed, and Manafort's attorneys did not receive a target letter. …— Natasha Bertrand
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?