Definition of target letter
: a letter from a U.S. attorney stating that the person to whom the letter is sent is a target (see target entry 1 sense 2c) in a federal grand jury investigation The indictments issued Friday were sealed, and Manafort's attorneys did not receive a target letter. …— Natasha Bertrand
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?