Definition of tar still
: a still in which tar or similar material is distilled: such as
a : a still in which the heavy residuum from the first distillation in petroleum refining is rectified — compare crude still
b : an apparatus for testing especially tars and asphalt
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?