Definition of tapper tap
: a tap designed primarily for use in a nut-tapping machine and usually having a short thread length and a long shank that is smaller than the minor diameter of the thread to provide a space on the shank for the tapped nuts to accumulate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game