Definition of tank circuit
1 : an oscillatory radio circuit associated with the output circuit of a tube generator which absorbs the generator ouput in the form of energy impulses of high value and short duration and in turn delivers its output to an antenna
2 : a tuned circuit connected in the plate circuit of a tube generator
3 : an absorption circuit
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?