Definition of tank circuit
1 : an oscillatory radio circuit associated with the output circuit of a tube generator which absorbs the generator ouput in the form of energy impulses of high value and short duration and in turn delivers its output to an antenna
2 : a tuned circuit connected in the plate circuit of a tube generator
3 : an absorption circuit
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game