Definition of tandem method
: a method of improving livestock by breeding animals selected for excellence in one quality (as milk production) and neglecting other qualities until that chosen is considered adequately fixed in the strain when another quality may be selected and bred into the strain — compare total score method
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?