tamper withphrasal verb
tampered with; tampering with; tampers with
Definition of tamper with
: to change or touch (something) especially in a way that causes damage or harm Someone tampered with the lock.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game