tam·my | \ ˈtamē\
Definition of tammy
(Entry 1 of 3)
: a plain-woven often glazed cloth of fine worsted or woolen and cotton formerly used for dresses, curtains, and linings
Definition of tammy (Entry 2 of 3)
: a strainer made of tammy cloth
Definition of tammy (Entry 3 of 3)
: to strain through a tammy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?