take something for what it's worthidiom
Definition of take something for what it's worth
—used to say that one does not strongly believe that something is true or important I know it's just gossip, so I take it for what it's worth.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?